Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bus Trips

Dear Oldest Offspring,
In just a few short hours I am going to get up early, on a day off, to board a bus with you and other 5th and 6th graders for your field trip. And while according to the State of Mississippi, you are all gifted students, the fact remains it is still a bus load of almost junior high kids. And once on this bus in the wee hours of the morning, I know that you will spend the next waking hours engrossed in video games and friends, only speaking to me when you need snacks, to change games, or when it comes time to pay for something. The rest of the time you will be "too cool" for me, and that is OK. Because deep down, I know you are glad that I am there, even though you might not say it. And deep down, though I won't admit it, I wouldn't miss it for the world.
Your Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment